Shortest beta ever!
I must admit, I set the version number in 3.4b3 to just 3.4, for the Mac App Store release, and forgot to set it back. So the version I released this morning as 3.4b3 was actually a general release build. Since the previous version had been in beta several weeks, and there was just one change in this new build, I decided to let it remain as such.
So, here it is, officially as a general release!
This version includes a much more reliable Automatic Email transport, along with some other improvements:
- New tests now use the Change filter by default, to avoid confusion over new tests not detecting changes. (You can of course alter that to a more specific filter, or disable it.)
- Replaced the Email notifier's Automatic transport with a new one, now called Apple Mail, that sends the message via Apple's Mail app. (Standard edition only)
- The From field is now replaced by a pop-up menu of mail accounts for the new Apple Mail transport. (Standard edition only)
- The Reply-To and X-Header fields are now disabled in the Apple Mail transport, since those are not supported by the new mechanism. (Standard edition only)
- Added a hidden preference to switch back to the old Automatic transport, just in case (it will be removed in a future version). It can be enabled via
defaults write com.dejal.simon EmailUseLegacyTransport YES in Terminal. (Standard edition only)
- Also updated the SMS notifer plug-in to send email via Apple Mail, and use a pop-up menu for the From address. (Standard edition only)
- The license button in the Simon Monitor window now shows the Licenses window instead of going to the Dejal Store web page. (Standard edition only)
- Fixed issue where an offline test wouldn't check again until checked manually.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the second check of a new test from detecting a change. (Note that new or edited tests don't register a change for the first check after editing, in case the configuration was altered.)
- Fixed an incompatibility with Mac OS X 10.7.3.
Download Simon 3.4 now!