BlogAssist Express version 2.4 is now available on the Mac App Store (only a month after submission... review times are rather slow at present).
This update includes the following changes for BlogAssist Express (the standard edition has further changes that aren't relevant to the App Store edition; see the release notes for details):
- Added a Substitutions preference page, that optionally replaces symbols and accented characters with the HTML entity equivalents. It can also be used to replace URLs, e.g. to strip off a base URL for your own domain, or change it to localhost (or anything else).
- Updated all three BlogAssist modes to support the new substitution preferences.
- Reimplemented the auto-launch preference to work with Mountain Lion and sandboxing.
- Removed the quit confirmation preference.
- Added German and French localizations (new for BlogAssist Express).
- Updated the User Guide.
- The app is now fully sandboxed, providing increased security.
- BlogAssist now requires a 64-bit Mac and a minimum of OS X 10.7 (Lion).
- Many other behind-the-scenes improvements made possible by dropping older OS versions, PowerPC and 32-bit support.
Get BlogAssist Express from the Mac App Store, or try the standard edition for free from the Dejal site.