We are making our Dejal Generic Utilities source code available. It consists of several Pascal units, divided into various groupings. The units are used in all Classic Dejal products to provide a set of shared useful routines to handle everything from events, dialogs, preferences, strings, and much more. The units were written over a ten year period, so the style and functionality of some could be improved, but they support a wide range of functionality and may prove very useful to novice and expert Pascal programmers alike. Every routine has at least a comment at the top outlining how to use the routine.
The units included are:
- genCustomCreators.p: Handles a file type/creator pop-up menu next to a field.
- genDialogs.p: A large unit with over 100 routines to support modal and modeless dialogs, including automatic resizing, cursor control, item filtering, and much more.
- genEvents.p: Handles keyboard events and several useful Apple events.
- genFiles.p: Routines to manipulate files, including creating unique files and other useful operations.
- genGraphics.p: Routines to draw text, icons, graphics, etc.
- genNumerics.p: A collection of routines for math, bitwise, pointer and handle mangement.
- genPrefs.p: Routines to read and write data to a preferences file.
- genProgressDialogs.p: Maintains a self-contained progress dialog.
- genResources.p: Routines for maintaining string list (STR#) resources.
- genSort.p: A unit to handle maintaining and sorting a list of strings.
- genStrings.p: Lots of routines to handle all sorts of useful operations on strings.
- genToolbox.p: Basic Mac toolbox stuff and overriding built-in functions.
These sources are no longer in active development. No future updates are planned.