Dejal Open Source
David Sinclair, owner and developer of Dejal, has released the following Cocoa/Objective-C code as open source for Mac OS X and iOS.
You are welcome to download and use this code, subject to the License Agreement. Read on for more information.
The Dejal open source code is released under a standard BSD license.
Before downloading any of this code, please read the Dejal Open Source License page for details of attribution and more.
Get a Non-Attribution License
If you want or need to use the code without giving Dejal credit, non-attribution licenses are available for purchase from the Developer Store.
You can use this code completely free of charge, if you give Dejal credit. But if this code helps you solve a problem or saves you time, David always appreciates a donation to support and encourage future open source development.
Visit the Developer Store to make a donation via PayPal.
Alternatively, a fun option is to send David a gift from his Amazon.com Wish List. It's always nice to receive a surprise package in the mail.
Get In Touch!
If you use this code, David wants to hear from you! In the future we might link to apps that use these projects, which would help your Google juice. David can't promise to help with the code, but will try to answer questions about it or licensing. Contact us.
If you find issues or want to request enhancements, please use the issue tracker for each project (hosted on GitHub). Or better yet, fork the code and implement the feature/fix yourself, then submit a pull request.
Keep Up To Date
Preferably use the GitHub repositories rather than zip archives to make it easier to get any updates.
You can also follow @dejalopen on Twitter to get notifications of updates, and/or subscribe to the RSS feed of the Dejal Blog filtered for Open Source topics.
DejalActivityView conveniently displays a horizontal, bezel-style, or keyboard-covering view with a spinning activity indicator and adjustable text.
- DejalActivityView: a simple horizontal-style loading view, intended for situations where you have a blank view while loading data.
- DejalWhiteActivityView: the same as the simple one, but with a white indicator and text instead of black, for use in dark views.
- DejalBezelActivityView: an animated round-rect-enclosed variation, with a gray background covering the parent view.
- DejalKeyboardActivityView: displays over the keyboard. Rarely used nowadays (and may be removed in a future version; let me know if you need it).
- A demo project is included.
DejalView is a UIView subclass to detect a tap outside a button (or other view) like UITableView's red Delete button.
- Adds a viewDelegate property to the view.
- If set, a `-view:hitTest:withEvent:hitView:` method is invoked on the delegate.
- That delegate method can return the passed view to act normally, or return nil to ignore the tap.