Caboodle icon Caboodle
Lean, clean snippet machine

Help to Restrict Search to Subject and Keyword

First, off I'd like to say "Thanks" for Caboodle. It helps me tremendously in my job. It's a great little product.

I currently have 288 items, and use the Search frequently to locate the exact item I need. Currently, the Search returns all items containing the phrase I enter - whether it's in the Subject, Keywords or Body. It would be great for me if there was a way to restrict it so it only looked in the Subject and Keywords (reduces the number of returns). I tried using all caps in the Keywords, and then typing my phrase in all caps, but the Search is case-insensitive.

If anyone has any suggestions for how I can restrict the Caboodle Search to only return entries whose Subject or Keywords match my search phrase, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

David Sinclair's picture

Re: Help to Restrict Search to Subject and Keyword

If I recall correctly, you can restrict it by prefixing the field name. For example, "subject: your subject" or "keywords: keyword". This would probably only work with the first words of the field, though.

In the future, I want to add more refined searching, like in the Finder.

The prefix doesn't change any results for me. Is there any way to limit results after entering a matching string? Thanks.

David Sinclair's picture

Not at this stage, unfortunately. Definitely something I want to improve, though.