Simon icon Simon
Flexible server monitoring

Help: Need to check for content dynamically populated into div

Hello, I need some help, I need to be able to setup Simon to check the content of a web page to ensure availability of marketing management system (it's up and running properly).

Unfortunately, our content is dynamically delivered and populated into a DIV tag; so the dynamic content doesn't appear in the SOURCE. Can we configure SIMON to check the rendered content of the page?

If you look on our website:

http://www.convertmarketing.com/Screenshots_and_Demos.html

The form is dynamically generated and populated on the page. I need to check if it was delivered correctly... Can you help?

Thanks!

David Sinclair's picture

Re: Help: Need to check for content dynamically populated into d

What portion of that page is dynamically generated?

Simon's Smart Change Detection feature is useful to check just a portion of the source, but if the content is dynamically loaded into the page after loading, that does make it harder. Simon just fetches the source, it doesn't render it (at least in the current versions; that may change in the future).

You could instead check the URL of the dynamic content, to see if that is outputting the correct content.

the dynamic content is

the dynamic content is delivered by an embedded AJAX client that makes a call to our Convert profiling server (to determine what content to deliver to the DIV)... so there's no real URL to query (unfortunately). I'm assuming that adding rendering is a fairly major endeavor?

Thanks! Great software.

David Sinclair's picture

Re: the dynamic content

Yes, adding rendering checking would be a major change. As mentioned, it's something I'm thinking of adding in the future (maybe even later this year)... but no promises.

In the meantime, there may still be a way to monitor it, if you can somehow extract out the server query (e.g. perhaps a Port-based service to query the server from Simon?).