Simon icon Simon
Flexible server monitoring

Take a screenshot of the site you are monitoring for changes

Is there a easy or obvious way to take a screen grab of the web page that you are monitoring for changes?

I figured out how to take a screen shot, but it's only whats on my screen.

Thanks

David Sinclair's picture

Re: Take a screenshot of the site you are monitoring for changes

There isn't an easy way to do this currently, though it's something I want to add in a future version.

For now, if you just want to know about specific text on the page, you can look at the Changes log in the Monitor window. If you want an actual image of the rendered page, you should be able to capture it by using an Action notifier to show a preview, then use the screenshot script to take a screenshot of that. Add a short pause in the script to allow the page time to render.

David, Thanks, is there

David,

Thanks, is there instructions for attaining that functionality?

David Sinclair's picture

Screenshot of page

Sure. I have just created a script for you. Rather than using the Preview window (which would require adding two notifiers in the correct order), I made it open the page in your default web browser instead. It waits for a few seconds for the page to load, then takes the screenshot to the Desktop. You can change the delay and destination location if desired.

Check out the Show & Screenshot script in the Notifier Scripts section of the Simon Extras page. There's instructions on how to install the script on that page, too.