Simon icon Simon
Flexible server monitoring

email Failure Notify with Failure 4 consecutive times...sends every time

Hello,

I have a failure notification for a ping test, and I programmed the
failure -after 4 consecutive errors. Though, the notification is being sent at every failure.

Wonder if this has happened to others? Wonder where config files might be located to see if the notifications perhaps are not getting written correctly?

Hmmm

Thanks for any thoughts

David Sinclair's picture

Re: email Failure Notify with Failure 4 consecutive times...

That is strange. In older versions there was a bug where it'd think it is a new failure if the error message changed (which it is likely to do for Ping), but that shouldn't occur anymore. Simon detects that it is still failing by looking at the failure status; if it is already a failure (red downward triangle) when a check fails, it doesn't clear the failure count.

Of course, if it does recover between those failures, it will reset the count, as it should.

Note also that with it set to 4 consecutive errors, it should notify on every fourth check as long as it is failing. Could it be checking four times between each notification (remembering that it can check more frequently for failures)?

As for where the data is stored, see this FAQ item. I'm sure the data would be written correctly, though.