Caboodle icon Caboodle
Lean, clean snippet machine

PDF Export

Is there a way to turn off some of the information that is exported to pdf? Specifically this stuff. It would make certain things i'd like to do MUCH easier.

Created: 2005-09-04 21:59:31 -0600
Modified: 2005-09-04 21:59:31 -0600
Subject: Pictures
Author:
Size:

What I'm wanting to do is use caboodle to create and organize a bunch of info (of course) and then export parts as pdf and use automator to combine them into a single pdf. When doing this tho, every element will have the extra unnecessary information.

Will see if I can find my own workaround, but was hoping you had an easy method.

The reason for this is to use caboodle to manage different types of patterns that can be combined in different ways, hence wanting to keep them in separate entries. Also for recipe management. This way I can use caboodle as the database, then pick and choose how to put together a pdf 'book'.

Thanks in advance for your response!

David Sinclair's picture

Re: PDF Export

There isn't currently a way to omit those headers when exporting and printing. But it is a reasonable idea. I could add a preference to enable or disable including those, perhaps selectively (e.g. to omit the dates but keep the others).

Thanks for the feedback!

David Sinclair's picture

Re: PDF Export

I've just made a number of improvements to imports and exports for version 1.3, including three new preferences to include or exclude the creation and modification dates, Subject, and/or custom fields when printing and exporting. They are all included by default, to preserve the current behavior.