Simon icon Simon
Flexible server monitoring

New services and notifiers in beta vanished after reboot

I downloaded the beta last night and added a new test using the S.M.A.R.T service. Sometime later, I rebooted the machine. Today I received a notification for that test. Checking on it, I discovered it was now using the Web (HTTP) service and S.M.A.R.T and Pulse are no longer in the list of services. Simon does report I am running 2.5b1 and checking notifiers I have Post to Simon Wall but not SMS. I downloaded another copy of the beta and installed it over the existing Simon, but that hasn't brought back the missing components.

Any ideas? I'm reluctant to wipe everything and start fresh as I don't want to lose the tests I previously created.

David Sinclair's picture

Re: New services and notifiers in beta vanished after reboot

Ah, it looks like there was a bug with the update mechanism; it added the new services and notifiers, but if you didn't make a manual change to any services or notifiers before quitting, the additions wouldn't be saved, and wouldn't be added again.

Thanks for letting me know. I've fixed it now, and will do another beta release now.

Love the quick response

Love the quick response time!

Just downloaded the new beta and it looks like everything is working properly now. Thanks for such a flexible product.