Caboodle icon Caboodle
Lean, clean snippet machine

Export as PDF - whole document?

I suspect that the functionality is there - but being a numpty cannot work out how to export the whole Caboodle sibling as a pdf file. I assumed that I would click on the sibling and then export. This just produces a one page document and not the whole thing. Did not see anything in the manual that helps - sorry if I missed something.

Chris

David Sinclair's picture

Re: Export as PDF - whole document?

Each entry is exported as a separate PDF. You select an entry, and it and all child entries are exported.

The main entry is exported

The main entry is exported to pdf and all the child entities are added to a folder but do not form part of the pdf. I had expected that all would have been added as different pages of the pdf.

Is that right? I am trying to put like material together so that additional information can be added to each 'child' - but would have liked to export to one document when needed.

Additionally an auto version control would be nice added to the front cover sheet. Do I hope for too much?

Incidentally, have purchased through MacUpdate and it looks great (so far).

Chris

David Sinclair's picture

Re: The main entry is exported

That is the correct behavior for exporting.

But you can achieve what you want by selecting the entries you want included (selecting parent and child entries) and printing to PDF (instead of exporting to PDF). That will combine them all into one document.

Thanks David. Thats what I

Thanks David. Thats what I needed.

I have been using Circus Notepad and over engineering a pretty simple requirement. Looking forward to getting to know Caboodle, so far it is far easier.

Chris