Simon icon Simon
Flexible server monitoring

Simon 5 is coming soon!

Simon version 5 is currently in beta testing. It is a massive update, introducing a much-requested feature: syncing the Simon data between multiple Macs, plus a Simon Status service, a Link Checker filter, improved Find filter, iMessage and Speak Error notifiers, a new app icon, and much more.

Important: please note that Simon 5 requires a minimum of macOS 10.12 (Sierra), and will be a paid upgrade from Simon 4 after the beta. Purchasers since September 1, 2020 automatically get a version 5 license (that also works in previous versions).

Read the blog for details.

Limitations in the demo

Are there limitations in the demo around the number of times a test will automatically run?

I've set up a single 'ping' test with a 15 minute repeat and a 2 minute time out yesterday, and when I checked this morning it had stalled out ("Next Check"=waiting) and when I got home from work today it was in the same state. Both times clicking the "Check Now" button kicked things off again.

David Sinclair's picture

Re: Limitations in the demo

The "waiting" means there is a window with a demo reminder on-screen (perhaps hidden under the Monitor window). Close it to resume the tests. The reminders only appear once per day or less, until you purchase.

The evaluation period is fully functional, other than that gentle reminder (it's somewhat humorous too; different messages each day).

Yep, that was it. The

Yep, that was it. The registration window was buried on a different monitor behind a bunch of Safari windows!

So far so good. I'm going to try out some of the service-specific tests today.