Simon icon Simon
Flexible server monitoring

IP address display on summary report page

I would like to have my monitored devices IP information displayed on my Status Summary Report page. The current categories viewable on the Summary Report page are: Status, Up Time, Name, Last Change, Last Failure, & Next Check.

Is it possible to list the IP information next to the Name? If so, how can it be done.

Thanks in advance.

David Sinclair's picture

Re: IP address display on summary report page

You can display the location entered for the test. If that is an IP, then yes, that can be displayed. Add the {Location} variable to the template.

See the Report Templates and specifically the Test block documentation for more information.

I am able to have the IP / {Location} display on my report template now! Thanks.

However, for devices which are using a custom script (Ping 1500 MTU ping -c 5 -s 1500 {IP} with {IP} as the create variable) to monitor an IP address do not show up on the report template which displayed "N/A". Please let me know if there is a way to resolve this and also how the {Location} variable works.

Thanks again!!!

David Sinclair's picture

The {Location} variable is set by each service, using the location field or reasonable facsimile thereof. The Script service doesn't have such a field, so can't provide a value for it.

I don't think there's a way to get the custom Script variables in the report currently. Though I agree that could be a useful addition.