Simon icon Simon
Flexible server monitoring

New Feature Requests: Reports

New Feature Request:

In Reports, there is no current way to limit or group the number of Services that are included in a specific Report. It would be nice to have separate reports by only those Service items under the same domain or machine or other grouping, since I manage multiple domains and machines and it would easier to show the details separately.

- It might be beneficial to have a text field for a particilar named "Group" or "Machine" or "Domain" within the Service record and have reports able to filter based on that Gouping Name field.

- Otherwise or in addition, it might nice to have the Report show all the Services and allow the user to just check off the ones to be included in the specific Report.

- Another organizing option for Reports would be to just include all Services of a particular type, e.q. ALL HTTP Services, or ALL FTP Services, etc.

David Sinclair's picture

Re: New Feature Requests: Reports

You can configure which tests to include on each report via the Tests window. Each test can be included or excluded from all or specific reports.

I do plan on adding more group features in a future version, though, which will enable broader control of related tests as you suggest.

I guess I wasn't thinking of going back to the Tests screen to "Include on these Reports" when I am in the Report screen. Seems a little backward, but OK its doable. It might be nice to see which Tests have been placed into a Report on the Reports screen and remind people to add them from the Test screen..

David Sinclair's picture

The design idea was that Tests are the focus of the app, and Services, Notifiers and Reports are things that can be used by Tests.

However, I do tend to agree that reports are a bit different (if only because they have an independent schedule), so it might have made sense to set the tests from the reports, rather than vice versa.

I might revisit this when I design the groups feature in a future version.

But yes, could be useful to list the tests on the report... and maybe even allow adding/removing there, too. I've made a note of that idea.