Simon icon Simon
Flexible server monitoring

2.6 Status?

Another topic mentioned that Simon 2.6 would go into beta in June. Any news on this. We are awaiting the improved change detection features.

David Sinclair's picture

Re: 2.6 Status?

Things always seem to take longer than expected, but work continues on it, and it's getting close. So now it looks like a beta in early August. Or maybe by the end of the coming week, but no promises.

That is great news. Thanks for the update.

JohnDCCIU's picture

I'm eagerly awaiting this, as I'm trying to get Simon to email me the output of a shell command (if there is output) and so far it's a total fail. I think the new Filter feature is just what I need, though.

David Sinclair's picture

I started replying to this, then figured this would be a good blog topic....

David Sinclair's picture

See my new blog post, inspired by your comment.

JohnDCCIU's picture

Ah, you do a Simon devotee's heart good, Mr. Sinclair! I see that my previous objection to "just" in the TestPhrase is taken into account in v2.6 too, thanks!

David Sinclair's picture

Yep. Glad you like. I may have an alpha build available by the end of this week, if all goes well, so you'll be able to try it yourself soon.

(My policy is that alpha releases are feature-incomplete, while I continue to add features, and are only available to licensed users. Once feature-complete, I'll do beta releases, and just concentrate on fixes and improvements to the existing features. Then when I'm satisfied that it's bug-free, I'll do the general release.)