Time Out icon Time Out
You deserve a break

Feature requests

Hello,

I can't live without some sort of RSI program, and here are a couple of features that stopped me from using TimeOut (I chose the open source Hourglass app instead):

* No timer on the dock icon showing how much time is remaining before the next break - its nice to have some idea of minutes/seconds left to work.
* Once in an emergency I found a way to bypass TimeOut by using one of my pre-set corner actions which pushed the full-screen block and let me choose the dock "Hide" option for Timeout. From then on I used it every time I was "busy" - I need an RSI app that is workaround-proof!
* Would be great if the app detected another full-screen app running such as VLC

David Sinclair's picture

Re: Feature requests

Thanks for the feedback. Check back early next year: all three of those should be addressed in version 2.

Thank you for this nice application! I thought about someone creating it since many time!
It is really useful! My eyes having rest :)

It would be great if TimeOut didn't have to sit in the dock but instead could be in the menubar. TextExpander does this really well.

Love your app!

Thanks

David

David Sinclair's picture

Yes, Time Out 2 will not have to be in the Dock. It'll use an optional system menu, and a background helper to manage the breaks.

Time Out 2 is my top priority for this year. It's a big project, so expect to see a beta in a couple of months.