Simon icon Simon
Flexible server monitoring

Request: Total downtime column

Hello,
I was hoping in the next version you could add a column in the tests display to show total downtime since the last reset... even better would be able to pick a time frame (in the last day, week, month, or year), or an available column for each (day, week, month, year).

Last downtime is not really all that useful to me, especially in cases like today where my mail server was having sporadic issues and was off and on... each time it recovered it reset the downtime counter, so it reads that it was only down for a few minutes when it was actually down much longer. But when a client calls and complains their site is "always going down" it would be nice to be able to look and say "your site was only down for a total of 85 minutes in the last year" and shut them up :)

Thanks for a great and helpful app!

David Sinclair's picture

Re: Request: Total downtime column

Yes, that would be a helpful addition. I'll consider that for an upcoming release.

In the meantime, the Up Time percentage is similar information (and the way most people express this), so that should be somewhat helpful. But I agree that a running total of downtime would be quite useful.