Simon icon Simon
Flexible server monitoring

Simon 5 is coming soon!

Simon version 5 is currently in beta testing. It is a massive update, introducing a much-requested feature: syncing the Simon data between multiple Macs, plus a Simon Status service, a Link Checker filter, improved Find filter, iMessage and Speak Error notifiers, a new app icon, and much more.

Important: please note that Simon 5 requires a minimum of macOS 10.12 (Sierra), and will be a paid upgrade from Simon 4 after the beta. Purchasers since September 1, 2020 automatically get a version 5 license (that also works in previous versions).

Read the blog for details.

can it automatically log back into VPN when VPN connection times out?

I'd like to run Simon at home, but the servers I need to monitor are at work behind a firewall. Is there a way to have Simon automatically log into my VPN? I can log in myself but it will automatically log me out in 8 hours, so I can't leave it on and Simon will then generate a warning that the servers can't be reached. Any way to have it renew the VPN connection itself when it gets logged out?

Mike

David Sinclair's picture

Re: can it automatically log back into VPN when VPN ...

I don't have experience with VPNs, but I expect there might be a way. Are you able to log in via Terminal? If so, you could do the same via a Script-based service or notifier (e.g. have a service that detects that you're logged out, and a notifier that logs you back in).

Can anyone else with more experience with this offer any advice?