Simon icon Simon
Flexible server monitoring

Different Notification Text Based on Status

Hi, I would like my email notification to send out different text based on the status of a test. How would I configure it?

Thanks.

David Sinclair's picture

Re: Different Notification Text Based on Status

Easy: you add two (or more) email notifiers, each with the desired text, and assign one to changes, failures and/or recoveries, as appropriate.

When adding notifiers, you can specify on the Options page what kind of status they're available for (they can be for multiple kinds, too), then in the Edit Test window's Notifiers page you add multiple rows, each specifying a different status and notifier.

Thanks for the suggestion, but is there a wildcard sort of way to get this accomplished in one notifier? We have on-call schedule for notifications, and there are 10 email and text notifications going out to 5 different people based on different schedules, I'd hate to have to multiple that by two.

Thanks.

David Sinclair's picture

That depends on your wording. There are many variables available, including ones that would help with this kind of situation.

For example, the variable {TestStatusPhrase} would perhaps be most helpful: it outputs a word or phrase like "failed" or "recently recovered".

See the Service variables, Filter variables and Notifier variables in the Simon Help for lists of available variables.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.