Caboodle icon Caboodle
Lean, clean snippet machine

Can't find Caboodle in Services Menu

I am quite perplexed. I can not find Caboodle in my services menu. In any Cocoa application. It is a problem because I would love to use Caboodle to organize my TidBITS of information. I don't wish to tab through apps to copy and paste to do so. I've tried everything to make the Application Shortcut for Caboodle services to be accessible. And, yes, I'm using Cocoa apps. In fact, in the System Preferences, under Keyboard Shortcuts, I see (in All Applications) Add to Caboodle and Add Entry with Selection (which I added using directions on the Caboodle website). However, it does not show up anywhere! Ugh! I can send it to DevonThink (I'd really like to get rid of that option), Eaglefiler, Circus Ponies Notebook, and Slip Box. All well and good. But, I really want to use Caboodle for that information! I would appreciate your guidance. I did not ask for an urgent reply- but, this is really irritating. Thank you for your patience. Bob Zozus

David Sinclair's picture

Re: Can't find Caboodle in Services Menu

Since you see it in Keyboard Shortcuts, the OS has correctly registered the service. Are those serviced checked there, so they're active?

That should be all you need to do; when you select some text in any Cocoa app, those services should appear in your Services menu. (They'll be listed under "Pictures", since Caboodle supports pictures and other attachments as well as text.)

You could try restarting your computer; that might help.

Ulf Dunkel's picture

I cannot find the „Add to Caboodle“ item either, only „Add Entry with Selection“.

David Sinclair's picture

Yes, that's what it's called: "Add Entry with Selection" to add a new entry to Caboodle using the selected text in any app, and "Selection from Entry" to insert text from the selected entry into any app.

Ulf Dunkel's picture

Wouldn’t it be a good idea to add some „Caboodle“ wordings to these menu items?

David Sinclair's picture

Perhaps... though it has the app icon. I just followed the naming convention others use.

Ulf Dunkel's picture

True for the Services context menu when services are available. But in the Services Preferences dialog, it’s kind of a mess without the icons. (Of course it would be great if Apple would add the app icons there, too.)

BTW: You had the additional string „ (Narrator)“ in the Narrator task entry. ;-)