Simon icon Simon
Flexible server monitoring

Simon 3.2b1 on PPC?

I was excited to give Simon 3.2b1 a try, hoping that it would eliminate the bogus HTTP failures that I've been seeing in 3.1.1.

When I downloaded the beta, however, the app won't run because it says it won't run on the PPC architecture. The Get Info on the app also says "Application (Intel)". I'm running Simon on a G5 with 10.5.8.

The beta release notes say that Simon 3.2b1 is a Universal Application, so it should run on PPC. Was it just an oversight that beta wasn't compiled as a Universal Application, or are the release notes wrong and Simon is going Intel-only in this version?

Thanks,
John

David Sinclair's picture

Re: Simon 3.2b1 on PPC?

Hmm, it should be Universal... but I see it isn't. Maintaining PPC support is an ongoing struggle, but I do want to keep it for now. I'll probably drop it sometime next year, when I want to leverage some nifty Lion tech.

I have just released Simon 3.2b2 to restore PPC support. Sorry about that!

Download Simon 3.2b2 now.

JohnDCCIU's picture

Works great, thanks! Now we'll see if the HTTP bogus notifications are history....here's hoping.

BTW, I love the "snow" animation on the little Simon TV icon in the dock when Simon is launching or quitting. Not sure if that's new in v3.2 or I just never noticed it before, but it's a genius touch! :-)

John

David Sinclair's picture

Thank you. The static animation has been there since Simon 1. :)