Time Out icon Time Out
You deserve a break

More Caffeine

In another locked thread, someone requested Caffeine integration. You replied you had something better in mind, i.e. the ability to specify apps that were immune to Time Outs.

While your idea is definitely a good one, it is different, not better. :) We may not ever want to interrupt a paricular app, i.e. movie (which makes your idea a good one), but we also don't want to interrupt /any app/ while Caffeine is active. We may be swapping back and forth between three or four apps, but for the next hour (or however long we activated Caffeine), we don't want to be interrupted with a Time Out.

So, a +1 to a request for integration with Caffeine, defined as: if Caffeine is "active" (the cup shows full in the menu bar), that Time Outs don't occur.

David Sinclair's picture

Re: More Caffeine

Time Out 1.6 does include the ability to skip breaks when specified apps are active, plus the ability to pause breaks for a specified time interval.

But I've just emailed the author of Caffeine to ask about integration options; if it is feasible, it's certainly something I'll consider for a future release.