Simon icon Simon
Flexible server monitoring

Introducing Simon 5!

Simon version 5 is now available. It is a massive update, introducing a much-requested feature: syncing the Simon data between multiple Macs, plus a Simon Status service, a Link Checker filter, improved Find filter, iMessage and Speak Error notifiers, a new app icon, and much more.

Important: please note that Simon 5 requires a minimum of macOS 10.12 (Sierra), and is a paid upgrade from Simon 4. Purchasers since September 1, 2020 automatically get a version 5 license (that also works in previous versions).

Read the Simon What's New page for details.

Whois Monitoring for near expiring domains + ICAL notification

This is the error I get after setting up a service and filter to check whois expiry for a test domain:

osascript[14546:707] Cannot find executable for CFBundle

I am looking to import a list of domains to check whois expiry, and set an ical reminder X days before actual expiration to renew at defined registry associated with that domain.

David Sinclair's picture

Re: Whois Monitoring for near expiring domains + ICAL ...

The osascript tool is used to run AppleScripts, so that error likely means there is a bug in your script — perhaps trying to "tell" the wrong app, or something. If you paste your script in here (or email it to me), I or someone else may be able to diagnose further.

David Sinclair's picture

Re: Whois Monitoring for near expiring domains + ICAL ...

Issue resolved via email: was using the wrong script type.