Time Out icon Time Out
You deserve a break

Time Outs shouldn't start during mouse drags

Catching me in the middle of a drag operation is probably the worst time for a break. It also seems like it should be one of the easiest to detect. I would really like the option to postpone time outs until after a drag is completed.

Thanks,
Daniel

David Sinclair's picture

Re: Time Outs shouldn't start during mouse drags

Yes, that could be a hassle. In Time Out 2, I plan to have an option to automatically delay a break if actively using the computer, to address that kind of issue.

There's a tricky balance, though, because I think most other forms of "using" my computer might be times I need an interruption. Mouse drags are short and have a clear endpoint, but for other actions (say typing) I would prefer a break happen whenever the timer is up.

Anyway, I just realized I haven't donated for Time Out 1 yet, so I'm off to do that. Thanks for the continued development!

David Sinclair's picture

Being interrupted in the middle of typing a sentence can be annoying, too. So having Time Out wait until idle for a few seconds would be advantageous. But as I said, it'll likely be an option. I don't want to make it too configurable, though, as that'd just add complexity. We'll see.

Donations are always welcome! And as mentioned on the Time Out page, a donation of any amount now gives you a version 2 license (that can also be entered in 1.6) by way of thanks.