Time Out icon Time Out
You deserve a break

Feature Request: micro, normal, and third category of breaks for Pomodoro integration

I use Time Out as a sort of Pomodoro timer (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pomodoro_Technique). It's a time management technique that uses a timer to break down periods of work into 25-minute intervals called 'Pomodoros' separated by breaks. Time Out is actually quite convenient for this purpose; I simply set my normal breaks to occur every 25 minutes and last 5 minutes. I have my micro breaks run for 10 seconds every 8 minutes for a quick eye break. Anyway, part of the Pomodoro technique is that you take a longer break (15-30 minutes) every four Pomodoros (every 2 hours). It would be great if Time Out would allow setting a third break type ('macro'?), so I wouldn't have to keep track of when I hit the fourth Pomodoro and it was time for a longer break. Time Out would just start the macro break for, say, 20 minutes every 2 hours.

David Sinclair's picture

Re: Feature Request: micro, normal, and third category of ...

One of the features of Time Out 2 is to support an unlimited number of breaks, so you'll be able to do that in that version.

Would be great if the app were actually pomodoro.. So we have two normal categories; (5 minutes per every hour and 10 second per 10 minutes). But a third category is activated when we start pomodoro. Then we get breaks every 25 minutes (and the normal category is disabled I guess).

David Sinclair's picture

Time Out 2 will feature customizable break themes, so there may well be a pomodoro theme. I know it's something a lot of people are interested in.