Simon icon Simon
Flexible server monitoring

Cannot edit calendar notifiers

I made calendar notifiers with Google Calendar.

However, after closed "Edit Notifier" window, I could not open (edit) this notifiers.
Although closed "Edit Notifier" window, status in notifiers windows was indicating "editing".
(see attach image)

This phenomenon was shown from previous version.

AttachmentSize
1234.jpg85.94 KB
David Sinclair's picture

Re: Cannot edit calendar notifiers

That might indicate an unexpected error (exception). Please have a look in the Console log to see if there are any relevant Simon-related entries.

If you quit and re-launch Simon, it should allow editing again. But I'd be keen to identify the cause.

Hi David
Thank you reply.

I quitted and re-lanched Simon, I coud not open edit window.
When open the edit window, Console log was shown as follows;

12/05/30 18:16:20 Simon[31187] -[Calendar_GDataServiceGoogleCalendar fetchCalendarFeedWithURL:delegate:didFinishSelector:didFailSelector:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x13b5b90

12/05/30 18:16:21 Simon[31187] NSInvalidArgumentException: -[Calendar_GDataServiceGoogleCalendar fetchCalendarFeedWithURL:delegate:didFinishSelector:didFailSelector:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x13b5b90

12/05/30 18:16:21 [0x0-0x764163a].com.dejal.simon[31187] sh: /usr/bin/atos: No such file or directory

12/05/30 18:16:21 Simon[31187] -[Calendar_GDataServiceGoogleCalendar fetchCalendarFeedWithURL:delegate:didFinishSelector:didFailSelector:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x13b5b90

David Sinclair's picture

Sounds like some invalid values somewhere.

The next thing I'd suggest is to try creating a new notifier, configured like before, and see if that works.

Hi David

I created new a notifier.
However, that phenomenon was shown again.

But, I have found new phenomenon.
1) When only Google Calendar Username was input, I could edit notifier.
2) When Google Calendar Username and Password were input, I could not edit notifier. Username and Password is correct.

Moreover, after input of Google Calendar Username and Password, I can edit notifier in the Simon ver 2.5.1 (can not in ver 3.3.1 and 3.4). In ver 2.5.1, calendar area can be selected in the editing notifier window.

This selection of calendar (pulldown menu) can be edit during the first time editing notifier in the Simon ver 2.5.1. However, in ver 3.3.1 and 3.4, pulldown menu is not seen.

I guess the certification (authorization) process of Google Calendar may be failed in the ver 3.x.

David Sinclair's picture

Thanks for the update. The Google calendar functionality is provided by a third-party framework; I don't remember whether or not it was changed between version 2 and 3.

Maintaining third-party technology is a pain, since things can change unexpectedly.

I will investigate further, and see if I can fix for the next update.