Time Out icon Time Out
You deserve a break

Crash on launch under Snow Leopard

When I was prompted, I updated to the new version, and the new Time Out crashes immediately on launch. I was able to downgrade back to the stable version (1.6.5), but it still tells me to update to the unstable version. This is a show-stopper.

David Sinclair's picture

Re: Crash on launch under Snow Leopard

Time Out now requires Lion (OS X 10.7) or later. It's always a hard decision to drop support for older OS versions, and I feel bad for disappointing some people, but I feel this is the right choice; it will enable a bunch of nifty new things I can do. Now that Mountain Lion (OS X 10.8) is out, current minus one seems reasonable, and a common practice. In fact, Time Out 2 may require Mountain Lion, as that introduces some features I'll need to support the great stuff planned.

You can continue using Time Out 1.6.5 until you're ready to upgrade your OS. I'd really recommend upgrading, unless your machine is too old to support it; each OS version is better than the last.

If you don't want the reminders, you can disable the update check in the Preferences.