Time Out icon Time Out
You deserve a break

Run applescript immediately

Could you please make it so that the applescript runs immediately when the desktop starts fading out, instead of waiting for it to be faded out completely? This would be a _big_ help.

David Sinclair's picture

Re: Run applescript immediately

That is coming in version 2. You'll be able to run scripts or play sounds (and maybe other actions) a specified interval before or after a break is due (starting to fade in), it's started, it's finishing (starting to fade out), and/or finished.

Cool, thanks, the only problem is that dejal 2 seems to be vaporware aking to duke nukem forever.

David Sinclair's picture

Yeah, sorry about that... it was probably a mistake to pre-annouce Time Out 2. Usually a bad idea (called the "Osborne effect"), but I figured that since Time Out 1 is freeware, it couldn't hurt sales. And it hasn't; in fact it's encouraged donations. But then I feel bad about taking money for a product that isn't available yet.

Anyway, it continues to be a high priority. I am currently spending 50% of my time on Profile, the remainder on Simon 3.5, then on Caboodle 1.5. After Caboodle is out, I'll be back to Time Out 2.0. I'm looking forward to it. (I would do Time Out 2 first, since it's been waiting longest, but Simon and Caboodle need Mountain Lion compatibility updates, which make them more urgent — they are compatible, but the first-run experience is suboptimal due to the Gatekeeper alert.)