Simon icon Simon
Flexible server monitoring

mySQL Could not connect to the specified MySQL server

I found info on adding the mySQL to the list of available services and did so. When I set up the service, it fails every time. I've added my IP address to the server's SQL remote hosts and I can connect to the database from in vmware Windows XP Windows app, so I know that connect to mySQL is possible from here. Any ideas on how to get this monitor working?

Re: mySQL Could not connect to the specified MySQL server

Also... is it possible to search the Forum posts? It would be much easier to avoid posting questions that have already been answered if I could search first.

David Sinclair's picture

Yes, you can search the forums via the search field at the bottom of every page.

As for the MySQL service, I can't really provide much help with it (I didn't write that service). The Help Book page on it might provide a clue.

If other readers can help with this, please chime in.

OK, I got it now... I went back to my Windows program and it failed now too. Since it is a program that I wrote, I was able to see the exact dialog and figure out that I had been blocked by mySQL monitors in my firewall because of all of the failed attempts trying to get the monitor working. I flushed my firewall monitors for my IP and restarted the mySQL server and now Simon and Windows program are connecting fine.

I thought there must be a forum search somewhere, hadn't looked below the main page into the grey, will use it now that I have found it, thank you.

David Sinclair's picture

Excellent; I'm glad you were able to solve the issue.

I have thought about moving the search field to the top of the page, to make it more visible. Just a matter of prioritizing content.