Simon icon Simon
Flexible server monitoring

Posting to Twitter

For the life of me, I can't get a twitter notification to work. I know I've input the correct username and password, but no luck. Anyone have any thoughts?

David Sinclair's picture

Re: Posting to Twitter

I think Twitter's recent API changes have broken the Twitter plugin. A risk of dealing with a third-party service! It's on my list to fix for the next release. Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime.

dsutton's picture

Same thing here too. Do you need to add the @ in front of the user name?
If I could ask for a feature request, have a "test tweet" button to test the settings.

David Sinclair's picture

I haven't released a fix yet... it'll be coming in version 3.6, probably in a couple of weeks time.

You can test it now, though: click the Notify Now button in the Notifiers list window.

This is not fixed since three months now. Is it really that complicated?! When will there be an update?!

David Sinclair's picture

Twitter changed their API, which will require significant modifications to the Twitter plugin. But no, it isn't that complicated... I just haven't got around to it yet. I've been too busy with other projects. and unfortunately Simon has been neglected. I do actually hope to work on it today, though.

I'm sorry for the delay; it's frustrating for me too.

David Sinclair's picture

Simon 3.6 includes a rewritten Twitter plugin, so it is now compatible with the latest Twitter APIs. Sorry for the inconvenience!