Simon icon Simon
Flexible server monitoring

Login to Wordpress

Hi,

I can't get my head around the following... I want to monitor several WordPress installations for Update Information on Core and Plugins. The Dashboard holds this information as number bullets and there is a special page listing all available updates with the URL /wp-admin/update-core.php

Basically WordPress uses Cookies for login but I cannot get Simon to record them. It records a language cookie and the PHPSESSID, though...

It should be possible to use the login form and have it redirect to the update page, but this does not work for me either.

I have web (HTTP) set up like this:

URL: /wp-login.php

Parameters:
log - my user
pwd - my password
redirect_to - /wp-admin/update-core.php
rememberme - forever
testcookie - 1

These values are gathered from the login form.

This always brings me to the empty login form, but I get an error if the credentials are wrong.

Anyone knows what I am doing wrong? Any tips or howtows out there to get Simon to check anything logged in to WordPress?

Thanks in advance

Jochen

David Sinclair's picture

Re: Login to Wordpress

Hi Jochen,

That all seems okay. I don't have experience with WordPress as such, but I know login pages like that can be problematic. It's possible that Simon isn't following the redirect, depending on how it's done.

What does the Activity log show as the output from the service? You may not be able to tell whether it's the login page or update page, though. You could add a filter to determine which.