Time Out icon Time Out
You deserve a break

feature request: "postpone"/"skip" keyboard shortcut

Hi,

Thanks for the helpful app. Works great. One feature I'd love to see is a keyboard shortcut to postpone (or perhaps skip) a break.

With some RSI issues, I try to work from the keyboard as much as possible and avoid the trackpad on my MBP when I can. Sometimes when giving a walkthrough of something, paired coding, or having time-sensitive things happen in applications I don't want to exclude completely (debugging in the browser, needing to quickly stop something going wrong in a terminal session, etc.), I need to stop the break quickly. Navigating with the trackpad to find a button can be tricky to do fast enough.

I tried to script a way to click the buttons a while back, but it wasn't working with the Time Out overlay. If there was a built-in key combo (cmd-p or just hitting Esc, maybe?), I'd find that hugely helpful. (I guess a potential stopgap might be the ability to use very large buttons to make it easier for RSI'd hands to do this quickly?)

Anyway, thanks again for your work,
Brian

David Sinclair's picture

Re: feature request: "postpone"/"skip" keyboard shortcut

Hi Brian,

Firstly, Time Out 2 will enable you to postpone or skip while the break fades in, instead of having to wait for it to start.

But yes, I would like to add a global keyboard shortcut to postpone or skip breaks, and perhaps start them at any time. That isn't in version 2 yet, but I hope to add it before release.

Thanks for the feature request!

Re: feature request: "postpone"/"skip" keyboard shortcut

yes, shortcut key will be very helpful!