Simon icon Simon
Flexible server monitoring

Editing notifiers does not work

Simon 3.6.3 has the same problem as 3.6.2 for me (running under 10.6.8): editing notifiers does not work. No such a problem with 3.6.1 so I had to revert.

When I click on the edit icon or double-click the notifier, it highlights for a moment, but the editor window does not open.

In 3.6.2, I had also a similar problem with editing tests but only sporadically. When it worked, it worked. Once it started malfunctioning, there was no way to bring any editor windows. I haven't noticed that in 3.6.3 (may be just got lucky) except for notifiers.

David Sinclair's picture

Re: Editing notifiers does not work

I'll investigate. I don't have a 10.6.x system, so hopefully I'll be able to reproduce the issue on a later OS version. If not, you might have to stick with Simon 3.6.1 until you're ready to upgrade your OS. (No real need to to update to 3.6.3 for existing customers anyway.)

David Sinclair's picture

Actually, the issue occurred on Yosemite too. Now fixed. (It was related to adding recognition of version 4 groups; I added it for tests, but not services, filters, etc.)

I haven't checked very thoroughly, but version 3.6.4 indeed seems to fix the reported problem. Thx for prompt action!