Simon icon Simon
Flexible server monitoring

Simon 4 Stuck frozen!

Hello, I have been testing the Simon 4 and ran into a big problem. I was editing a php script (which was way too big, included a whole html source code I was testing). Now the php script is showing every time I start up Simon - Simon then freezes in a loading and becomes non-responsive. I can't delete or change the selection, it's stuck! How can I delete the script from the application files? Is there a way to access it and remove it manually?

David Sinclair's picture

Re: Simon 4 Stuck frozen!

If you're comfortable editing XML files, you can edit the data file to remove that item, or alter it to avoid the issue.

The Simon data is stored in the path "~/Library/Application Support/Dejal/Simon", where "~" of course means your home folder.

If you need assistance, let me know; I'm happy to help.

If you don't mind sharing the data, please send me the data file with the script, so I can try it myself, and hopefully prevent Simon from choking on it.

David Sinclair's picture

If you're comfortable editing XML files, you can edit the data file to remove that item, or alter it to avoid the issue.

The Simon data is stored in the path "~/Library/Application Support/Dejal/Simon", where "~" of course means your home folder.

If you need assistance, let me know; I'm happy to help.

If you don't mind sharing the data, please send me the data file with the script, so I can try it myself, and hopefully prevent Simon from choking on it.

Hello, I couldn't find this Dejal folder you say is there... Is this the same for trial version? I could have my users or internal drives mixed up, but is there anywhere else I can find these files - have been looking everywhere. I'll gladly send you the file.

Hello David, It may be something wrong with the computer configuration.

Here's where I looked:

Mac HD > Users > (Only Account + Shared folder) Account > No Library, Nothing in Applications

Mac HD > Library > Application Support > (No dejal)

So apparently Apple Yosemite upgrade set the Library to hidden. Thanks for your help, hope this topic helps.

David Sinclair's picture

Ah yes, sorry, I rashly assumed that you knew the Library folder is hidden by default. My bad.

You can reveal the Simon folder by pasting that path into the Go ▶ Go to Folder... panel in the Finder. Or reveal the Library folder by holding down the Option key while showing the Go menu to show the Library menu item.

If you want to permanently show the folder, you can use the following Terminal command:

chflags nohidden ~/Library/