Simon icon Simon
Flexible server monitoring

Return Array from Script to Send via Email

I wrote a PHP script to check if multiple specific JSONs are the way they should be, with valid values.
The result of this script is an array with the error data - I need to send this error data by email.

In other words: How can I pass an array as a result of a service to a notifier (email)?

Thank you!
Jonas

David Sinclair's picture

Re: Return Array from Script to Send via Email

Hi Jonas,

You need to convert that array to a single string (by looping over it and concatenating to a string), which you can then echo to the script output.

You can't output that string as an error message, but you could make the script result in an error via exit(99); or similar, and look at the output text instead of the error in your notifier.

Hi David

Thank you very much for your response! This is very similar to what I've been trying to do, though I couldn't find a way to get the output text into the notifier. Is that one of those variables I can insert? If yes, could you inform me which one it is? I can't seem to find it and have been trying for hours to get this to work.

Thank you very much!
Jonas

David, I found it! For anyone else reading this with the same issue of not knowing how to do it - in your service print/output the data you would like to send via a notifier. In the notifier choose the service that outputs the data and use the variable {ServiceResponseText}, which contains the mentioned data of the output from the service.

Cheers!
Jonas

David Sinclair's picture

Hi Jonas,

Yep, that's the one.