Time Out icon Time Out
You deserve a break

Time Out 2 is in beta!

Dejal Time Out 2 is now in beta!

Check out the massive list of improvements in my recent blog post.

I'd love to hear what people think about this new version. Please post messages in this forum with your thoughts. (Create a new post for each topic.)

Savannah Johnston's picture

Re: Time Out 2 is in beta!

The bar menu doesn't show when Time Out isn't in the dock; and I just discovered that even when it does show, I can't use it. I click one of the buttons and nothing happens. Which means I can't find a way to register my license, which means I only get "supporter features" for an hour. :(

Edit: Well, now it works when I click it, but it didn't the first time, which is weird. And it's still pretty annoying that it only shows when Time out is in the dock.

Edit: And I still can't find a way to register my license anyway.

Edit: Figured it out, but it wasn't too obvious, especially since last time I had to do that, it was in the "Time Out" drop-down menu and had the word "license" or "register" in it.

David Sinclair's picture

I'm glad you figured it out. The joys of using an evolving alpha product.

For most people, if they donated for version 1 and already entered their license, it should just carry over. And if they purchase in-app, it'll be entered automatically.

Hi David,
can it be that keyboard strokes are not registered? (Earlier I think you managed to solve this, right?) Or am I doing something wrong?
Take care, Kalman

David Sinclair's picture

I'm not sure what this is referring to?

Also, how can I update to the beta? I could not find a link in this topic or the blog post (sorry if I have missed it :(( ) and the built-in update feature gets to Install and Relaunch but then it does not relaunch and I still only find the alpha in my Applications folder.
Thanks, Kalman

David Sinclair's picture

I emailed a direct download link to all alpha testers. There's also a link in the private alpha forum. Hopefully you'll only need to manually install this one last time, though we won't know for sure until the second beta.

The downloadlink is not working for me, I get redirected to the homepage.
In the version 1 App itself, the update proces doesn't work either? It does see the new version and says:

You are using Time Out version 1.7.1. This is the latest general release. However, version 2.0b1 is now available.

Would you like to download the beta release?

But there isn't any download or yes button?

Thanks, Toine

Ah wait, the downloadlink is missing the product name, if you add timeout after ?prod= it does work!

David Sinclair's picture

Where did you get the download URL with a blank prod parameter? I may have missed some case.

The update check in version 1 has a "What's New..." button instead of a download button, so people are directed to the What's New page to learn more about it, and because the beta is invite-only.

(Unfortunately, the text asking if you'd like to download is baked into the app, so I can't change that remotely.)

David Sinclair's picture

Oh, never mind; I see you emailed about it too, which indicated where the problem was. Now fixed.