Time Out icon Time Out
You deserve a break

"Count Backwards" doesn't stop at break interval

When using the "Count Backwards" capability for a given break, the counting appears to go indefinitely. I would expect the counting to walk backwards only to the interval between the breaks.

For example, my Micro break is configured to last 15 seconds repeating every 15 minutes. But I left my machine for about an hour this morning, and when I came back the next Micro break is not due to occur for 50 minutes. During the period of inactivity, I would expect it to walk backwards to 15 minutes then stop.

David Sinclair's picture

Re: "Count Backwards" doesn't stop at break interval

It should stop counting backwards when the break frequency is reached. What I suspect happened was the break got auto-skipped due to being too close to the higher priority Normal break.

You can look in the Console log for details of what the scheduler was doing. Feel free to paste the relevant section in here if it doesn't make sense, or you find a problem.

That's not what's happening, so I think there must be a bug.

I have my breaks setup as follows:
Normal: break for 3 minutes every 1 hour
Micro: break for 15 seconds every 15 minutes

I just came back from being away from my computer for a while, and it's telling me that my next breaks are as follows:

Normal: In 54 minutes, 32 seconds
Micro: In 1 hour, 12 minutes

So for the next 54 minutes, the break timer isn't reminding me of anything, which is definitely not what I want.

What information should I send from the log?

It looks like I'm a few versions behind now, and that this may have actually been fixed in 2.0b2. I'll upgrade to the latest and report back.

David Sinclair's picture

Yes, larger than expected intervals between breaks due to avoiding higher priority ones was improved. So it should be better in the latest version.

Yes, it appears to be addressed. Thanks!