Time Out icon Time Out
You deserve a break

thanks and feature request. let me position the timer strip and logo/sizing

Got a surprise the other day when Time Out 2.0 came out! Thanks a lot from a long time user. I gladly contributed beyond my old license for this updated version.

Everything looks great! I hadn't used Time Out in a while and I think I need to, so this was a good thing to get me back on track.

I have a feature request (of course!). I work in an open office and would like to be able to tone down the big logo that comes up during breaks. I'd like for it to be small and in the countdown timer box or next to it or something. I'd like this to be positional on the screen also. My main goal here is being discrete in the open office floorplan where everybody is able to snoop. I don't care for people to know what I'm doing or give them a reason to stop their eyes on my screens when Time Out kicks in.

I also have multiple monitors and would like to have the ability to lock Time Out notifications/timers to a specific monitor. That would also make things a little more discrete. When it comes up on my external, elevated monitor it makes me feel like I'm screaming, "hey! come ask me what I'm doing and what this in on my screen!" :)

Neither are critical, but would be beneficial in a business setting I feel.

Thanks,
Mike

David Sinclair's picture

Re: thanks and feature request. let me position the timer ...

Hi Mike,

I love it when people suggest things that you can already do; so nice to be able to give them the good news:

In version 2, you can choose what is displayed during the break. See the Break Appearance page to change the theme.

You can also position the progress bar and control panel wherever you wish; it's now movable!

Finally, also on the Appearance page, you can choose which monitor to show the break theme. By default it uses the one with the active window, but you can make it fixed to a certain screen.

Enjoy!

Ah! After I posted this last evening I remembered I had read about theming in the release notes (there were a lot of release notes this time! ;))

I looked through the prefs a few times and I think because there was a dropdown "Options" button, I hadn't realized I should click the name of the timer to get to the appearance, etc. Mondays.

Cool! I'm all set. Thank you. And, I had thought I paid again yesterday, but realized I didn't get to it. I corrected that and have extended support. Well deserved.

Thanks, David!

Mike

David Sinclair's picture

Hi Mike,

I've had a couple of people not realize that clicking the break item edits its settings. I'm not sure what the solution is... maybe a redundant "Edit" item in the Options menu? That might confuse others, though.

Thanks for your support!

Maybe you can encourage your users to be less dense. ;) Maybe that redundant Edit under Options is the ticket.

So I think I have uncovered an issue with the "On Screen" monitor affinity setting.

I have both of my Breaks set to "Color LCD" (my laptop's display) chosen. Sometimes my Break alerts still go to my external monitor. I'm trying to identify when this happens.

Mike

David Sinclair's picture

I might add the Edit. Another idea could be to have a break selected by default, so you see that when first starting the app (instead of General).

Regarding the screen, I think you might find that the control panel (with the progress bar) still appears on the active screen, but the break theme appears on your Color LCD screen. I did this so the control panel would be close to where the mouse pointer is... but it's possible I'll need to add another preference if people don't like this.