Time Out icon Time Out
You deserve a break

Support status and multiple installations

I love Time Out, and 2.0 makes it even better than before. I switch between multiple computers all the time. If I become a supporter on one machine, will that status transfer to other computers? And what if I install on a new Mac after my support subscription ends? Will the features that were available at the time of unlock remain available on new installations?

I'd love to support Time Out (and get the current supporter features!) and this particular payment scheme seems very promising - I'm just not clear on these particular details.

Thanks!

David Sinclair's picture

Re: Support status and multiple installations

Yes, you can use the "Restore Previous Purchases" function on the "Support Time Out" page of the preferences to add your supporter status to all of your Macs.

After the supporter period ends, all of the rewards will remain available. Even on a new Mac, once you restore the purchase.

Make sure you purchase from version 2.0.1; version 2.0 in the Mac App Store had an issue that prevented the supporter status from working properly. (Either version of the direct edition will work fine.)

Okay, thanks! I just saw the 2.0.1 update notes and the changes to "restore purchases" made this a lot more obvious, but I'm glad to get a specific explanation anyway. :)

Ooh, something weird happened. I bought the 3-month support but it didn't show up in the app. Then I did "restore previous purchases" and it just asked me for my name and email address. I put those in, and it reminded me that I'd donated to support version 2 a while back (which I'd forgotten about). But there's no indication of the 3-month support that I just bought. Any idea what might be going on?

David Sinclair's picture

Did you buy in version 2.0.1 or version 2.0? Did you buy in the direct or Mac App Store edition? Both should have asked for your name and email address to register the purchase.

Anyway, contact me privately to sort this out.