Time Out icon Time Out
You deserve a break

Timeout 2 Missing Features from Timeout 1

I upgraded to Timeout 2 and I am missing two things that were in Timeout 1. Or maybe I can't find where they have moved.

1) Play a sound when the break is over.
2) Multi-monitor support should have an option to display the TimeOut logo and skip buttons on all monitors. Currently you can only pick 1 monitor.

David Sinclair's picture

Re: Timeout 2 Missing Features from Timeout 1

1. Sounds and scripts (plus several new options) are now found on the Actions page. I merged them and renamed as "actions" because there are several other things you can do now, like flash the screen, speak text, and more. Plus you can offset the actions before, during or after the break, e.g. to get a heads-up a minute before.

2. I decided that it was better to only show the break theme and controls on a single screen, and just dim the other(s). Try it, and let me know in say a month if you miss the duplication (and I might add it back if several people say so).

I definitely miss the duplication of controls on the other monitors. If my mouse is on the other monitor and the micro-break starts and I want to postpone it, its a long way for my mouse to go and then come back to what I was doing. If you could make it an option in the "On Screen" drop down, so you had an 'All Monitors' option, that would be great!

David Sinclair's picture

The control panel should appear on the screen with the active window, regardless of where the theme appears.

But yes, you're not the first to request including it on all screens again, so it's definitely something I'll consider for the future.