Time Out icon Time Out
You deserve a break

Total time out crash while becoming supporter

Dear David,

First of all thank you for creating and maintaining Time Out. I have been using it only for a few days, and I liked it so much I decided to become a paying supporter. That is actually what this topic is about.

As I'm from The Netherlands, and I don't have a creditcard, I chose to pay with Ideal. I was lead through some form with a few steps. In the last step I got to choose the bank that I liked to use for the payment. As soon as I hit the button to take me to the Ideal environment to pay, the whole Time Out app crashed/stopped in a way, that when I started it back-up, it didn't remember where the timers were stopped and started over with the timers, which it did know itself. Like what happens when you chose "Quit Time Out". Moreover, I was never lead to this payment environment. It all seemed very weird. Maybe you want to contact your payment system provider about this. I checked if I could restore a purchase or got an e-mail, but nothing like that (which is good if you didn't pay).

When I had the app opened again, in the dock, I noticed it was very hard to get the settings screen up from the dock and I had to fiddle around (show all screens of app and then press app in dock again twice) to get it up. But this seems unrelated to the crash.

Kind Regards,

Jessica

David Sinclair's picture

Re: Total time out crash while becoming supporter

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for the kind words.

I haven't heard of Ideal before; I assume that is a regional thing. The in-app purchasing system in the direct edition of Time Out is powered by FastSpring; I know they support lots of payment options.

I'm not sure why that would have crashed... certainly concerning!

If you weren't able to get it to work in the app, you could purchase via the website instead. You'll receive an email with a link to easily tell Time Out about your purchase.