Time Out icon Time Out
You deserve a break

Shows idle when actively working in iTerm

I've spent most of the day without it showing me a break, and I realized quite late that it was stopping and then reversing while I was actively working at the terminal. I have the accessibility/security stuff set up exactly as directed, so I'm wondering if there are any iTerm settings that you are aware of which could prevent the keyboard events from being detected by Time Out. I tested this several times and verified it again just now. If I sit for a minute so that I can see the timer stop, I can type all I want in iTerm, use lots of keyboard commands, be very productive, and as long as I never touch the trackpad, it will sit there or reverse. I don't have iTerm in the list of excluded programs, and I just verified again that under security->accessibility, I have Time Out in the list of programs and the box is checked.

Since when I'm spending uninterrupted time in the terminal is when I need the assistance of the software the most, I'd appreciate any help or insight anyone could provide for troubleshooting this.

Thanks!

David Sinclair's picture

Re: Shows idle when actively working in iTerm

Interesting. It sounds like you have everything set up correctly, so I'm not sure why it isn't detecting your keyboard activity.

You could try using the Event Source idle detector via the Advanced preferences. That might work more reliably for you.