Can't log in without resetting password

This morning I wanted to check in on an issue and couldn't log in. I confirmed the credentials were correct.

I ask for a password reset and successfully changed my password.

Then I went to another machine and attempted to use the new password. I keep getting "Unrecognized username or password."

I'm writing this in the browser in which I reset the password...any new browser fails. This is for the email attached to this account.

Are log ins turned off, by chance?

-André

David Sinclair's picture

Re: Can't log in without resetting password

I assume you're talking about the forums. I have disable account creation on the Dejal site, due to spam abuse. I occasionally re-enable it, but immediately get a flood of spammer signups. I'm probably going to remove the forums entirely sometime, when I have some time to update the site. It has never been popular enough to justify its existence; most people prefer to contact me directly for help. I also want to enhance the FAQs to offset the loss of historical forum answers.

Yes, this is for the forums.

The thing is that I already have an account, I'm just trying to log in.

In any case, I'm in now and will comment on the actual issue I'm interested in over in the Timeout forum.

Cheers.

I guess I'll email you, replying on the thread I was going to comment on has been turned off.

Cheers.

David Sinclair's picture

Sorry for the extra hassle. The forum software automatically closes comments after some time interval.