Simon icon Simon
Flexible server monitoring

Introducing Simon 5!

Simon version 5 is now available. It is a massive update, introducing a much-requested feature: syncing the Simon data between multiple Macs, plus a Simon Status service, a Link Checker filter, improved Find filter, iMessage and Speak Error notifiers, a new app icon, and much more.

Important: please note that Simon 5 requires a minimum of macOS 10.12 (Sierra), and is a paid upgrade from Simon 4. Purchasers since September 1, 2020 automatically get a version 5 license (that also works in previous versions).

Read the Simon What's New page for details.

Browser Type

David,
Is it possible to allow us to change the "Browser Type" that Simon sends to servers? I assume right now it's something about Simon, but I've come across a site that tosses up an error message saying the browser is incompatible with the server. If I were able to change the Browser String then I think it would work, and I could use Simon to monitor it.

Thanks,
Gord

David Sinclair's picture

Re: Browser Type

Hi Gord.

That isn't possible in the Basic service yet, though could be added. I've made a note of the suggestion.

In the meantime, if you were adventurous you could add a Script service to fetch the page via the curl command, like:

curl -A "{UserAgent}" {TestURL}

With {UserAgent} being a custom variable.