Simon icon Simon
Flexible server monitoring

Introducing Simon 5!

Simon version 5 is now available. It is a massive update, introducing a much-requested feature: syncing the Simon data between multiple Macs, plus a Simon Status service, a Link Checker filter, improved Find filter, iMessage and Speak Error notifiers, a new app icon, and much more.

Important: please note that Simon 5 requires a minimum of macOS 10.12 (Sierra), and is a paid upgrade from Simon 4. Purchasers since September 1, 2020 automatically get a version 5 license (that also works in previous versions).

Read the Simon What's New page for details.

CPU usage

Just noticed that although there are no monitors currently being processed, Simon is using ~15% of the CPU, and has been doing it for at least the last hour that I have been monitoring. I have Simon installed on a headless mac mini and I only noticed it as I was browsing the Activity Monitor in Mountain Lion.

Runaway process perhaps?
Thanks
Nic

David Sinclair's picture

Re: CPU usage

If the Simon Monitor window is frontmost, it will use a bit of CPU to keep the display refreshed, but shouldn't be as high as 15%. You can avoid even that by turning on the preference to hide the window when the app is in the background.

You could help determine the cause by doing a Sample on Simon via Activity Monitor.