About the Release Notes
Want to know what has changed since a previous version? This page lists those changes. You can alter the range of release notes to display if you wish.
The latest release of BlogAssist is version 2.4.
(Release 1033): released 2012-09-06; requires Mac OS X 10.7 or later; 64-bit; Mountain Lion-ready
- Added a Substitutions preference page, that optionally replaces symbols and accented characters with the HTML entity equivalents. It can also be used to replace URLs, e.g. to strip off a base URL for your own domain, or change it to localhost (or anything else).
- Updated all three BlogAssist modes to support the new substitution preferences.
- Reimplemented the auto-launch preference to work with Mountain Lion and sandboxing.
- Removed the quit confirmation preference.
- Added a license button to the Preferences window, when unlicensed, to make it easier to buy the app. (Standard edition only)
- Removed the in-app purchase options, since not compatible with 64-bit, and rarely used. (Standard edition only)
- Fixed display of license entry date in the Licenses editor. (Standard edition only)
- Updated German and French localizations.
- Updated the User Guide.
- The standard edition of the app is now signed with a Developer ID to support Gatekeeper on Mountain Lion. (Standard edition only)
- The app is now fully sandboxed, providing increased security.
- BlogAssist now requires a 64-bit Mac and a minimum of OS X 10.7 (Lion).
- Many other behind-the-scenes improvements made possible by dropping older OS versions, PowerPC and 32-bit support.