David Sinclair of Dejal Systems, LLC offers contract development services. He specializes in macOS and iOS development. With more than a quarter century of commercial Mac programming experience, and over eight years on iOS, he brings a rich set of skills to any project. David is willing to consider long- or short-term projects, on an hourly, milestone, or per-job basis, working from his home office near Portland, Oregon.
Some attributes include:
- 25+ years of Mac development.
- 8+ years of iOS development.
- A commitment to quality.
- Experience with Swift, Objective-C, C, Pascal, PHP, and other languages.
- Excellent user interface design skills.
- Fine attention to detail; likes things to be just right.
- Many years experience with the medical software industry.
- Experience with taking over an existing product, and starting new ones.
- Skilled at translating a vague description into a finished product.
- An ethical and honest relationship with clients.
Examples of David's own released apps:
- Simon: a powerful server & website monitoring tool for macOS.
- Time Out: a break reminder tool for macOS.
- Caboodle: a snippet keeper app for macOS.
- BlogAssist: a HTML markup system menu for macOS.
- Pack: a simple packing list app for iOS and watchOS.
- Tweeps: a Twitter management utility for iOS.
Examples of code can be found on the Dejal developer site or Dejal GitHub page, including:
- DejalActivityView: a popular iOS project to display a spinning activity indicator as a simple, bezel or keyboard-covering style.
- DejalIntervalPicker: a Mac project to provide a custom control similar to NSDatePicker, but for time intervals or ranges.
- Several collections of category methods for iOS and macOS.
- Contract work on third-party open-source apps, including NewsBlur.
- Contract work on third-party components, including MBTableGrid for Tap Forms, and other private components.
- Contributions to other open source projects.
Examples of work on some publicly-available consulting projects:
- NewsBlur: a popular open-source RSS reader for iOS (and other platforms).
- zCloud: a menubar utility for macOS to easily share screenshots and other files.
- Profile: a large server/client medical practice management system for iOS and macOS.
- MindFortress: an macOS "digital wallet" for secure information.
- iData: a freeform database app for macOS.
- Plus several components of Simon written on a contract basis, including the Email Cycle service, History filter, Context filter, and others.
If you are interested in learning more or obtaining a quote, please email David.