David Sinclair of Dejal Systems, LLC offers contract development services. He specializes in macOS and iOS development. With more than two decades of commercial Mac programming experience, and over seven years on iOS, he brings a rich set of skills to any project. David is willing to consider long- or short-term projects, on an hourly, milestone, or per-job basis, working from his home office near Portland, Oregon.
Some attributes include:
- 24+ years of Mac development.
- 7+ years of iOS development.
- A commitment to quality.
- Experience with Swift, Objective-C, C, Pascal, PHP, and other languages.
- Excellent user interface design skills.
- Fine attention to detail; likes things to be just right.
- Many years experience with the medical software industry.
- Experience with taking over an existing product, and starting new ones.
- Skilled at translating a vague description into a finished product.
- An ethical and honest relationship with clients.
Examples of David's own released apps:
- Simon: a powerful server & website monitoring tool for macOS.
- Time Out: a break reminder tool for macOS.
- Caboodle: a snippet keeper app for macOS.
- BlogAssist: a HTML markup system menu for macOS.
- Pack: a simple packing list app for iOS and watchOS.
- Tweeps: a Twitter management utility for iOS.
Examples of code can be found on the Dejal developer site or Dejal GitHub page, including:
- DejalActivityView: a popular iOS project to display a spinning activity indicator as a simple, bezel or keyboard-covering style.
- DejalIntervalPicker: a Mac project to provide a custom control similar to NSDatePicker, but for time intervals or ranges.
- Several collections of category methods for iOS and macOS.
- Contract work on third-party open-source apps, including NewsBlur.
- Contract work on third-party components, including MBTableGrid for Tap Forms, and other private components.
- Contributions to other open source projects.
Examples of work on some publicly-available consulting projects:
- NewsBlur: a popular open-source RSS reader for iOS (and other platforms).
- zCloud: a menubar utility for macOS to easily share screenshots and other files.
- Profile: a large server/client medical practice management system for iOS and macOS.
- MindFortress: an macOS "digital wallet" for secure information.
- iData: a freeform database app for macOS.
- Plus several components of Simon written on a contract basis, including the Email Cycle service, History filter, Context filter, and others.
If you are interested in learning more or obtaining a quote, please email David.