Caboodle icon Caboodle
Lean, clean snippet machine

Preferences Bug?

I'm new to Caboodle, so apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but I searched high and low and saw no reports of this.

I would really prefer that the Ruler be turned off by default, as in general usage I have little use for it. It seems like the option in the preferences "Show ruler for new entries" should be the ticket, but this option seems to have absolutely no effect. A ruler is always shown for new entries.

In addition, if I am viewing an entry I can hide the Ruler from the Text menu "Show Ruler" option. However, if I return to this entry at a later moment, the ruler is shown again.

My preference would be for a global "Ruler/No Ruler" option, but setting it on a case-by-case basis is fine too once the preference starts sticking, and the state of the individual entries is saved too.

I've also noticed that a blue halo remains around the preferences checkbox even when unchecked - this strikes me as odd, and thought I'd mention it in case it was related to the bug.

Thanks for any feedback,

msykes

AttachmentSize
caboodleprefs.png36.64 KB
David Sinclair's picture

Re: Preferences Bug?

That does sound like a bug. Thanks for pointing it out; I will investigate. I'm planning on doing an update after WWDC, so I should be able to fix this for then.

As for the "blue halo", that is highlighting the selected control. It's an OS feature when you have full keyboard navigation turned on in the Keyboard system preferences. You can press Tab or Shift-Tab to move between controls, and Space to toggle them.

David Sinclair's picture

Re: Preferences Bug?

FYI, the ruler issues have now been fixed in version 1.1.2.

Yay! I've downloaded the

Yay! I've downloaded the new version, and my rulers have been banished!

msykes