Simon icon Simon
Flexible server monitoring

Simon Hanging

For some reason today Simon started showing a site as down (it wasn't) and hanging whenever it did a check; maxing out the CPU and requiring a Force Quit. Crash log enclosed.

AttachmentSize
simoncrashlog.txt68.97 KB
David Sinclair's picture

Re: Simon Hanging

That crash log shows three crashes in the Email notifier. I don't suppose it's using MobileMe, formerly .Mac, by any chance? Since MobileMe has just rolled out and is having some stability issues, I wonder if that could cause this issue.

If you are using MobileMe, try using a different email account to see if that solves it. If you aren't, check your email notifiers to ensure they have the correct settings.

Darryl Oliver's picture

Re: Simon Hanging

Hmm. I'm not using MobileMe and these are the same email settings I've been using all along.

Darryl Oliver's picture

Any Ideas?

David,

Any other thoughts about what might be causing this isse? I can't run Simon until I get it figured out.

David Sinclair's picture

Re: Any Ideas?

The crash is when writing the message using the Automatic transport, so you could try using a manually-entered transport instead (i.e. enter your SMTP server info).

Or try another mail account. Or double-check that all of the fields (From, To, etc) are filled in with valid addresses.

You could pause the Email notifier(s) to avoid the issue in the meantime, if all else fails.

Darryl Oliver's picture

Re: Any Ideas?

Thanks David. I'll try your suggestions.