Time Out icon Time Out
You deserve a break

1-minute postponement cancels normal timeout

I've happened on some behavior that seems like a bug. Currently have normal timeouts set to "show button to postpone 1 minute", no other buttons set, all other settings at the defaults.

When I get prompted for a normal timeout, if I hit the postpone button, I don't get prompted for that timeout ever again.

I upgraded from 1.5.2 to 1.5.3 to see if this was fixed, but the behavior did not change. I'm trying different settings to isolate it, but it may take a few days since I'm not focusing on this.

And yes, it's only one

And yes, it's only one minute that does it: if I set it to postpone for 2 minutes, it works fine.

Thanks for the excellent software, by the way! I've been using it daily for a few months now.

David Sinclair's picture

Re: 1-minute postponement cancels normal timeout

I think that would be a side-effect of the overlap prevention feature: if the next break is due within a minute of the end of another break (including postponement of one), that break is skipped, to avoid having breaks too frequently.

So effectively this limits the minimum postponement to two minutes.

Version 2 will have a rewritten (and significantly better) scheduler, so this issue shouldn't apply then.